Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New Yard Bird--Snow Goose, and signs of spring

Yesterday as I was taking out the trash, I heard a gull overhead. Looking up as the Ring-billed Gull flew over, I noticed a flock of Snow Geese flying high overhead. A nice addition to the yard list--guess I need to spend more time doing work in my tiny urban yard!

Today on the way to work, a lone Snow Goose as at Peace Valley, as were a pair of Hooded Mergansers. Spring is coming, but birding has been slow at work--with no new migrants yet, but chickadees, nuthatches, and cardinals singing.

We slept with the windows open last night, and this morning I awoke to the pre-dawn chorus of American Robins.

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites