Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ann Coulter--are you kidding me?

Ann Coulter's latest book Godless, has a whole section claiming that evolution is not real science, but all a pack of lies. Are you kidding me? How is it that the #1 selling book in America could be so outrageously wrong? I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I've been hearing Coulter all over the radio recently. If anyone wants to send me a copy, I'd love to pick that section apart piece by piece. Meanwhile, folks looking for more info on evolution can start with some resources here.

Please, America. Buy whatever books you want. But don't get sucked in to thinking that Coulter is even on the same planet when she starts talking about evolution. Nothing we've learned about the world of living things in the past 150 years makes any sense without an understanding of the evolutionary history of life. Evolution is a fact, not fiction. You can't say the same for Coulter's claims about it.

1 comment:

Chef Messy said...

I had the same issue with Sean Hannity, who I think is, on one hand, sortof entertaining, but on the other hand, has so haphazardly strung "facts" together (i.e. out-of-context, fragmented, etc, etc,) that you just KNOW a lot of what he writes is a load of crap.

And that's from your favorite family republican!

I don't have a spare copy of Godless, but I did find it on CD at Goodwill for $5. I didn't buy it, but if you really want, I could go back. ;)

Have a nice day.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites