Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wild (Pink-footed) Goose Chase

So last night after I got offline word went out about a Pink-footed Goose in Allentown about half an hour away. I saw the note this morning and got there as soon as I could, but the bird was already gone. I spent the day driving around checking out several ponds where it had been seen, and waited until foraging birds came in at dusk to roost on the ponds, but ended up empty-handed. Here's hoping it shows up again!

Original notes on this bird here, map here

1 comment:

Joan said...

Hello, I know well how you feel have done this many times and in the winter it can be so annoying not to get the bird you go out to see. Never mind better luck next time.'Pinkies' are not a problem here in Scotland and where I live we have literally thousands come every winter. Regards Joan.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites