Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 16, 2010

Murre Rescue

So I'm at Hug Point on the Oregon Coast with my family and the kids find a Common Murre washed up on the beach. It doesn't want to swim away when I put it back in the water, but can't tell immediately what might be wrong with it. I would probably just leave it alone but my six year old is adamant that I should be saving it. So I do a quick search for a local wildlife rescue group and a few minutes later we have a plan to take it to the Seaside Aquarium so that the Wildlife Center of the North Coast can pick it up. An hour later the bird is dropped off. Dad's a hero. Kids are playing in the sand like nothing happened.





No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites