Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Juvenile Chipping Sparrow


I caught sight of this brand new young Chipping Sparrow a couple days ago, but he got away before I could grab my camera.  I like how striped and different he is from his parents.  Here it is hopping around under our feeders on my patio.  With all the cowbirds around, good to know at least one Momma and Poppa Chippy got off at least one young in my yard this year.



1 comment:

kathryn said...

Was tubing down the south branch of the raritan today and have to recommend for all birders. Our path goes through the preserve, bald eagle(!!!), great blue herons, green heron, flycatchers of all kinds. Tubes from amazon (river run brand great) great way to see birds!

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites