Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lee Creek sanctuaries

Sunday afternoon we got a tour of the Lee Creek area on the south shore of the Great Salt Lake. Fun to see some more old friends, including Burrowing Owl, Sage Thrasher, Prairie Falcon, and a pronghorn antelope. But the stars of the show were a family of four baby Long-billed Curlews with their parent in the tall grass. These are perhaps the cutest little birds I've ever seen. Its amazing to think how much those bills have to grow in the next few months as the birds mature! I couldn't find a good photo of these guys online. If anyone has a good photo of baby curlews, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading about all the different birds you are seeing, is starting to get me a little envious...I keep telling myself, only 3 weeks until England, where I plan on seeing plenty other than the usual PA birds.
Vern

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites