Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 08, 2007

They're Heeeeeeear!

Sparrows that is. I always like it when the sparrows are heading south. Today at Sailor's Point at Peace Valley I had dozens of Song Sparrow and Savannah Sparrows, as well as my first Lincoln's Sparrow, Swamp Sparrows, and White-crowned Sparrow of the fall. I love trying to catch glimpses of these guys as they play peek-a-boo in the brush. Its like a sparrow-human ballet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know sparrows migrated. I see little brown birds in the winter up here in Erie and thought they were sparrows. I'll pay closer attention this year as I've kinda got into bird watching in a small way. Congratulations on all your bird sightings. It must be thrilling to spot a bird you actually go travel to find.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites