Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 05, 2007

Morning Walk

Took a morning walk this morning at Peace Valley Park. Best birds were 3 Rusty Blackbirds (uncommon migrant), 7 Purple Finches, 2 Red-breasted Nuthatches, and 1 Black-capped Chickadee (all irregular winter visitors). Other folks have seen Evening Grosbeaks across the state, so may be a good winter for northern finches and other birds to visit us here on the East Coast.

3 comments:

Drew said...

The finches are coming indead. Two Common Redpolls flew over at North Lookout yesterday while I was there and today I had another one in Lancaster County. Still waiting for the Evening Grosbeaks though.

Drew @ Nemesis Bird

birdchaser said...

Drew, I saw your PA birds post on the flyover redpoll. I'm boning up on my finch flight calls, as I'm not familiar with redpolls.

Anonymous said...

Be Patient! The Bohemian Waxwings I just photographed the other day in Upstate New York will quickly eat their way south, there is not a lot of natural food and as soon as a real cold spell and deep snow come, they will move.

It's also shaping up to be a good year for Pine Grosbeak as well, along with Northern Shrike.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites