RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 16, 2007

Turkey Day is Coming

Next week is a bird-related holiday that we often don’t take full advantage of—Turkey Day!

For the last couple of years I’ve started a tradition of taking my kids out to look for Wild Turkeys on Thanksgiving morning. I’m not always successful at finding the birds, but I have a good time taking my three kids out. You can read my last three Turkey Day expedition reports here on my blog:



So, if you have turkeys in your area, or even the possibility of turkeys, consider taking out your kids, grandkids, family, friends, or whoever on an annual Turkey Day expedition. A great way to spend time together and enjoy our natural and cultural heritage.


Susan Gets Native said...

I was just perusing your latest posts and saw this one...and I realized that I had read it before on the BirdEdList. I just signed RAPTOR up for the listserv and when I read your Turkey Day suggestion, I looked at your name and thought, "Rob Fergus....where have I heard that name?" And now I know! Small birding world, ain't it?
Anyway, I love the idea of turkey "hunting" on Thanksgiving. My mom has a nice-sized group of turkeys on her property, so I think this year we will start a tradition!

PA-Birder said...

What a neat idea. I normally go birding T-Day morn, but don't focus on Turkeys. There is a place within a few miles of me I could almost garantee finding some, anyway there are usually there for the CBC. Maybe I'll give it a try this year.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites