Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 07, 2008

BIGBY Pine Warbler

You'd think after several days of solid birding on the Upper Texas Coast, I could take it easy. Maybe take a day off from getting my birding RDA. But no. At 4pm, with only a Carolina Wren and House Finch on my day list, I had to go for my 3 mile walk. Lucky thing I did, as I was treated to two new BIGBY Birds--a nice Pine Warbler and an Osprey. I also saw a young Cooper's Hawk take an American Robin on the ground, and carry it off. All in all, I picked up 33 species on my walk.

Day List: 33 species (165% of Bird RDA)
2008 BIGBY List: 63 species
2008 List: 344 species

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice way to end the day. I did something similar, going out to view the local Great Blue Heron rookery for the first time this Spring.
Vern

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites