Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 03, 2011

Muscovy Menace

Here's a fun email I got today:
I have problems with Muscovy ducks. This is partly my fault because I started feeding them deer corn which I wish I had never done. They are constantly on my porch pooping and/or roosting. Everyone says stop feeding them. Well I did for a while and they went after my cats' food. I have to "guard" the cats while they eat. Help!

I suggested she stop feeding the cats outside, at least until the ducks move on to find other food elsewhere. But the image of muscovies duking it out with cats had me smiling!

(photo: wikipedia)

1 comment:

Drew Wheelan said...

I love Muscovy Ducks, both wild and domestic. I had a small farm in Northern WA a few years back where I raised them for meat.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites