Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cache Valley Swan Song

On my last morning in Cache Valley I cruised around for an hour to say good-bye to a half dozen Sharp-tailed Grouse in Paradise, then stopped by the 20-20 ponds west of Nibley. Five swans were asleep on the ponds. When one adult raised its head, it was clearly a Tundra Swan. I thought the other two adults and two immature swans would probably also be Tundra Swans, but one young bird raised its head and looked good for Trumpeter Swan. The others never raised their heads. Before leaving Cache Valley for the Salt Lake airport in the afternoon, I exceeded my minimum recommended daily allowance of birds and added a few new species to my year list.

Daily List: 30 species (150% of Bird RDA)
2008 YTD: 79 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites