Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Leaving Arizona

After a week of meetings, talks, and birding I left Arizona with 203 species on my 2008 year list and 162 species for the year seen in Arizona--including four new ABA birds for me (Bendire's Thrasher, Northern Jacana, Ruddy Ground-Dove, and Rufous-backed Robin). I also got to see some birds that I haven't seen for many years (such as Black-chinned Sparrow, LeConte's Thrasher, and Eurasian Wigeon) and see some good Arizona rarities including Varied Thrush, Painted Bunting, and Ruff. I also saw a species to put on hold pending eventual ABA rulings (Peach-faced Lovebird) and generally became better acquainted with dozens of birds that I don't get to see very often. All in all a great trip. Since I saw practically every single one of the species I really tried to see, it would make me sound petty to complain about missing Aztec Thrush and Crescent-chested Warbler that one slow morning in Madera Canyon!

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites