Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day of Rest

Yesterday I went a little crazy trying to find one more bird for the year. I did manage to hear a few Swamp Sparrows at sundown at Quakertown Swamp, but only after driving around for over an hour in what can only be considered a mania. So I wasn't sure it was really worth it.

Saturday Day List: 32 species (160% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 209 species

So today I took it easy and consciously decided to end the quest to see a new year bird every day. I put it to rest, so to speak. For me, Sunday is a day mostly for church and family. So I did take a walk after church, and ended up meeting my Bird RDA in the cold blustery wind. But it was mostly just a walk. No more mania. A chance to catch my breath. Sundays are awesome!

Day List: 27 species (135% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 209 species

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 209 species! That sounds like a year list for me. Have fun building your 2008 list.
Vern

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites