Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 20, 2009

Whooper Swan Chase in Idaho


After my meeting in American Falls on Wednesday, I figured I had about two hours of daylight to try and shoot over to Hagerman, Idaho to look for the Whooper Swan from Asia that has been wintering there on the Snake River. I had some basic directions, and was able to find the area near the dam easily, and right there were several swans with all the ducks, including this yellow-nosed beauty!



This is my fist digiscoping effort with my old Bausch & Lomb Discoverer on a window mount of my trusty steed (a rented Ford Mustang convertible)

Does chasing after rare birds make me happy? You be the judge!

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites