Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 17, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose

Between a stop at Peace Valley on my way into the office, and the birdfeeders at work, I got my Bird RDA well before lunch today. Highlight were 70 Bufflehead, 20 Lesser Scaup, 4 Hooded Mergansers, 2 Ruddy Ducks, and 1 Green-winged Teal with the Canada Geese at Peace Valley, along with a Pileated Woodpecker calling near the dam. At work, the feeders are really pulling in the little songbirds and I'm enjoying a constant stream of chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, etc. Right now two dozen Mourning Doves and a handful of Red-winged Blackbirds are under the feeder next to my window. Good thing I'm not easily distracted!

1 comment:

AM said...

hi rob! cool bird blog =o] um... do you ever put pictures of your kids on here? because i would love to keep up with the fam. have you signed up for landmark yet? tuition just dropped 20%!!! oh and how was the primary program?

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites