Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Welcome to the Party: Common Myna

I'm a bit late catching up on recent readings...and just noticed that the American Birding Association has just admitted Common Myna to the official list of North American birds--so if you see one in south Florida, you can now add it to your official life list. Mynas are from Asia, and are pretty aggressive, so not all will be happy to see this bird considered fully established in Florida, but there you have it. I saw a pair of these walking around on the road just outside of Everglades NP when I was down there a couple years ago. Welcome to the party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw mine at a gas station outside of Homestead, years and years ago. I wonder if I ever even wrote them down. Goes off to check.....

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites