Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home at Hornsby

I wrote my master's thesis on sewage ponds and the birds at Hornsby Bend in Austin. I started the Hornsby Bend Bird Observatory while I was starting my PhD program. Now that I am in Austin to finish that up, Hornsby was the first place I went to after picking up the rental car. Just a quick spin around the ponds was great to see old friends like Crested Caracara. Also saw a couple birds that can be tough to find out there some years--3 Common Goldeneyes and a female Hooded Merganser. Good to be home. How often do you hear that said about a sewage pond?

2 comments:

Rick Wright said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that, Rob--belated but no less sincere thanks for the happy hours I've spent at Hornsby Bend!

Texas Travelers said...

.
Happy Thanksgiving from Texas....

Troy and Martha
.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites