RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home at Hornsby

I wrote my master's thesis on sewage ponds and the birds at Hornsby Bend in Austin. I started the Hornsby Bend Bird Observatory while I was starting my PhD program. Now that I am in Austin to finish that up, Hornsby was the first place I went to after picking up the rental car. Just a quick spin around the ponds was great to see old friends like Crested Caracara. Also saw a couple birds that can be tough to find out there some years--3 Common Goldeneyes and a female Hooded Merganser. Good to be home. How often do you hear that said about a sewage pond?


Rick said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that, Rob--belated but no less sincere thanks for the happy hours I've spent at Hornsby Bend!

Texas Travelers said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Texas....

Troy and Martha

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites