Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Crows

This morning I took a break from work to go over to do a bit of work for a bit on our new house (moving in Saturday, lots to do!). Up on the roof, while my dad was patching the tarpaper, two American Crows flew over heading towards the park a block away. My new neighbors! I haven't been home (old home) much to see my neighborhood crows lately, so I'm anxious to get to know the crows at my new place a mile or two away. Since there were only two birds, they may be a mated pair without young ones, but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I've got a great view of the park from the rowhouse, and even though the yard is tiny, there's a lot of bird potential there. Since I've got flat roofs on a fairly quiet street, I may even be able to put up a nocturnal migrant microphone to record and identify the calls of songbirds as they fly over the house going north and south during migration. Now that would be cool!

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites