Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 03, 2006

Turkeys Gone Wild

Another sign of spring is the strutting of Tom turkeys. This morning I saw males strutting at two places on my way to work. I saw the first one when a hawk flew quickly across the road in front of me. When I got to where it had crossed, I saw it dive on the male turkey in a field. The second group a few miles down the road had three Toms strutting around with four hen turkeys crouching in front of them. They were in the back behind a house on a rural road, and I watched them from a few minutes from the driveway before pulling out to avoid making the human residents nervous. Nothing like turkeys gone wild to start out the day in a frisky way!

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites