Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 05, 2006

Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow--1, Birdchaser--0

Tuesday I had to give a presentation down in Maryland, so I spent a couple hours driving the marshes at Elliot Island. Good looks at 32 species, including a few migratory shorebirds and singing Seaside Sparrows, but no sign of Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow--an Audubon WatchList species that I was hoping to get a peek at. Wish I had more time to look, and that I hadn't forgotten my birdsong CD in my early morning departure. I did hear two Virginia Rails in the marsh, a great sounding bird that I hadn't heard since last spring, so a nice treat. And it was also nice to hear Eastern Meadowlarks singing, since they are not very common in my neck of the woods.

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites