Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hither and Yon

On the way to work this morning, I stopped by Peace Valley, as usual. Most of the waterfowl have moved through, but there was a nice breeding plumage Common Loon near the south shore of the lake.

At work, eight Wild Turkeys wandered up to the feeder right outside my window. Very cool to be within a couple feet of these birds.

Took a walk down to the creek during my lunch break. A male Wood Duck flushed off the creek, then I saw another male swim out from behind a downed tree--followed by two female Green-winged Teal--the first of this species I've ever seen on the property. A bit downstream were two more teal, a male and female.

So some nice birds I don't get to see every day, and a yard bird for the office. Not too bad for a day at work.

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites