Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Salamander on the brain

I seriously must have had salamanders on the brain. After not seeing any this afternoon at work, when I got home I fortuitously dug up a Red-backed Salamander while working in my garden. The kids have it in a plastic container, we'll watch it for a few days and see how it does.

Meanwhile, I had fun throwing the giant beetle grubs I dug up onto the back alley, hoping a starling, robin, or Song Sparrow hopping around out there might go for them. Made me wonder if I could make a grub feeder (like a mealworm feeder)--a flat platform with a tray on it where I could put these grubs. Has anyone out there experimented with a grub feeder like this to feed their lawn or garden pests to the birds?

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites