Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Quiet, too quiet

I'm really noticing a slowdown in bird song this past week. I was really straining to hear my needed 20 birds on my drive into the office today. For the first time on my drive this summer, I saw a Chipping Sparrow today before I heard it. Its fun to see bird activity change through the seasons. But you really do miss the bird songs when they start slowing down!

2 comments:

slybird said...

Shorebirds are already migrating through. It's definitely fall. :)

dguzman said...

They're definitely more quiet around Centre County too, Rob. However, the goldfinches are potato-chipping all over the place. Lately I haven't heard much more than the goldfinches, Carolina wrens, and chipping sparrows' trilling.

I'm wondering if we'll see any shorebirds around here. I saw a peep (sandpiper, maybe solitary?) last year on the marsh behind my house.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites