Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008

Local jinx no more

Everybody and their dog has been seeing Red-shouldered Hawks up at Lake Nockamixon by my house, but I've missed them every time I've been up there (about once a week for the last month). Finally, today, on a short hop up there to check out the lake, I finally saw an adult hawk in a tree on the side of the road. I whipped the car over and took a look--sure 'nuff, Red-shouldered Hawk. It flew off a few dozen yards and landed in another tree. Nice to finally get this bird on my county list.

No other real surprises on the lake. A drake Red-breasted Merganser was nice and unexpected. Then a drake and two female Hooded Mergansers on a small pond in Blooming Glen on the way home made it another three merganser day.

Day List: 37 species (185% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 284 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites