Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Morning Commute

Started off the morning with a Great Blue Heron and Fish Crows flying over my kids' preschool. On the drive into work, I pulled over to watch 27 Wild Turkeys in one field, including one Tom turkey displaying without attracting too much attention from all the hens around him (image:wikipedia).

At Peace Valley Park, most of the ducks and geese have moved north. Highlights were the lingering Common Loon, a couple Lesser Black-backed Gulls, and five Bonaparte's Gulls that flew the the length of the lake and kept going while I watched. The only ducks I saw on the lake where three Green-winged Teal. By the time I got to work I'd found 17 species, and got my Bird RDA within minutes of walking in the door and sitting at my desk overlooking my bird feeders.

Not a bad way to start my day. How was your commute this morning?

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites