Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seasons of the Robin



I'm a sucker for animal biographies. As a kid I loved Ernest Thompson Seton's Wild Animals I Have Known and still remember finding Fred Bodsworth's Last of the Curlews in junior high school. A while ago I was asked to be a reader for the manuscript of The Seasons of the Robin, the latest addition to this genre by Don Grussing. It tells the story of a robin as it migrates south, overwinters, and heads north to breed. The book is now out, and if you've ever wondered what it is like to be a bird, The Seasons of the Robin provides a well-written and informative insight into the life of one bird and its incredible life.

4 comments:

Rick Wright said...

Do you know John Janovy's Yellowlegs? It's been years, decades, since I read it, and I vaguely recall a bit of overwriting here and there, but all in all well worth the reading.

Ellen said...

It's a children's book but the one I love most for the story (about a real place in Maryland that is threatened by development) and for the incredible artwork is Flute's Journey by Lynne Cherry.

Dawn Fine said...

Will have to check out this book..
gee i missed allot of your post when i was sans internet..
was without if for over two weeks...thank goodness I have internet now.

U might want to add a tweetmeme button to your blog and the global worming one as well..easier to tweet u with.
send me posts u want me to tweet on twitter via @DawnFine..
see u in cyberspace!

Anonymous said...

Nigel Hinton's Heart of the Valley is also wonderful.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites