Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 16, 2010

Puffin Watch


So after our little murre rescue yesterday, I took the kids to Cannon Beach to look for Tufted Puffins nesting on Haystack Rock. The birds were pretty easy to see, but not so easy to show others with a scope as they were mostly flying around and disappearing into their nesting burrows with fish to feed their babies. But some of our group got to see one perched on a ledge for a few moments, while others saw them flying around the rock.

And then there were the puffin statues and info right in town.

We assuaged our so-so birding results by getting candy at the Buzz candy store in Seaside. Me, I had the chocolate covered bacon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly bewildered by someone who can love animals as much as you do, birds in this case, and at the same time eat other tortured animals.
Bacon=pig, then again, I'm guessing you eat chickens and turkeys, possibly duck, pheasant?
I just don't get it. I never will.

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites