Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Canvasbacks on the lake

On my way into work today I found two drake Canvasbacks at Peace Valley floating among several thousand Canada Geese. These birds are regular, but uncommon, migrants here in SE Pennsylvania, so good to see them here.

Yesterday I ended up with 32 species for the day (160% of Bird RDA), including 7 Northern Flickers on my morning walk. This is way higher than the 1 or 2 that I might see on a good walk, so perhaps these birds are already moving north.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great seeing Canvasbacks and congrats on the flickers! Great job with these!

Anonymous said...

Yes the waterfowl are moving! You never know what is going to be dropping in. I had a similar experience with a fock of Flickers in January. Which I didn't expect at that time of the year.
Vern

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites