Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Good Bird Karma Slowly Returns

I almost got my Bird RDA by just watching and listening for birds while my daughter sold Girl Scout cookies for an hour outside the post office this morning. Most surprising at this urban location was an Eastern Bluebird on a wire over the road. Other birds seen included Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Wren (calling from behind a house across the road), Northern Cardinal, Dark-eyed Junco, and Mourning Doves. Canada Goose, Ring-billed Gull, and Turkey Vultures flew overhead. I ended my point count at 17 species.

A quick drive past a local duck pond got me Mute Swan, Mallard, and Northern Mockingbird to get me to twenty species.

My afternoon walk netted 23 species, including, finally, a new species for my BIGBY List--Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

Day List: 31 species (155% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 221 species
BIGBY List: 47 species

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are really adding those numbers up fast! Keep up the great work!

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites