Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Neither snow, nor sleet

Neither snow, nor sleet, nor rain will keep me from getting my Bird RDA. Friday, I woke up to snow and if I wasn't trying to get my Bird RDA, I would have bagged it and stayed inside. After taking the kids sledding, I took a short walk down by the creek. It was too slippery to really go for my usual full walk. Finally, a Carolina Chickadee called, getting me to my Bird RDA, and a Downy Woodpecker called, putting me over the top. Calling it good, I scurried home.

Saturday was clearer, but sleet continued. I took my normal walk and had a great morning, getting three new birds for my BIGBY List. First 6 Common Mergansers flew over, then I found five more in the creek. Later, I saw five gulls flying, with heavier wingbeats than the Ring-billed Gulls in the area. When they got closer I could tell they were all adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls. Finally, I heard a Brown Creeper in the woods.

Saturday Day List: 35 species (175% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 270 species
BIGBY List: 53 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites