Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 02, 2013

Day 1: 30 Day 1000 Species Challenge

A moth I still need to identify for the monthly challenge
Starting off my 30 day challenge in as non-obsessive a way as possible: spent the day at church and hanging out with family and friends.  I did take a few shots of moths and other insects coming to my patio light, which I will identify later.  Otherwise, my observations were restricted to a few food items, as well as a few birds noted flying over the pool at our friend's home--best of which were 6 migrating Common Nighthawks heading south at 7:30pm before a big overnight thunderstorm rolled in.

My non-obsessive count for the month so far stands at 10 organisms:

English Name Scientific Name Date 
Common Nighthawk Chordeiles minor 1-Sep-13
American Crow Corvus corax 1-Sep-13
American Robin Turdus migratorious 1-Sep-13
Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura 1-Sep-13
Rock Pigeon Columba livia 1-Sep-13
Human Homo sapiens 1-Sep-13
Dog Canus lupus 1-Sep-13
Chicken Gallus gallus domesticus 1-Sep-13
Cow Bos primigenius 1-Sep-13
Crane Fly Tipulidae sp. 1-Sep-13
Asian Rice Oryza sativa 1-Sep-13
Common Bean Phaseolus vulgari 1-Sep-13

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites