Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 16 Update--1000 Species Challenge

New species are found everywhere :-)
Today was the last full day of my parents's visit from Oregon, and I had to teach in the morning.  In the afternoon we went shopping and then had family activities.  I found very few new species, though Semipalmated Plover and Least Sandpiper were nice new birds for the month at Spruce Run.

Today was the first day since the first of the month that I have fallen behind the pace needed to reach 1000 species by the end of the month.  Since I don't really look for new species on Sundays (my Sabbath), I need to get roughly 39 new species each day for the rest of the month to reach the goal of 1000 species.  I have my work cut out for me!

Total species: 511 
(see running total here)

New species: 10
Least Sandpiper Calidris minutilla 16-Sep-13   Spruce Run, Hunterdon, NJ
Semipalmated Plover Charadrius semipalmatus 16-Sep-13   Spruce Run, Hunterdon, NJ
Blue-legged Hermit Crab Clibanarius tricolor 16-Sep-13   East Stroudsburg, PA
Dungeness Crab Metacarcinus magister 16-Sep-13   Walmart, Clinton, NJ
Mexican Hermit Crab Clibanarius digueti 16-Sep-13   East Stroudsburg, PA
Canna Canna sp. 16-Sep-13   East Stroudsburg, PA
Geranium Geranium sp. 16-Sep-13   Johnny's Hotdogs, NJ
Hydrangea Hydrangea sp. 16-Sep-13   East Stroudsburg, PA
Japanese Maple Acer palmatum 16-Sep-13   East Stroudsburg, PA
Wandering Jew Tradescantia pallid 16-Sep-13   Johnny's Hotdogs,, NJ

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites