Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Before the storm

Today I stopped by Peace Valley Park for a few minutes on the way to the office. Not a lot there--several hundred Canada Goose and Common Merganser, but nothing much else.

At work there were at least 20 species around the feeders today for our Project Feeder Watch count. Best bird of the day, and new for the year, was a female Eastern Towhee scratching around under one of the feeders. I also had a Sharp-shinned Hawk swoop past me and around the corner of the house scattering all the Mourning Doves as I walked to my office from the car this morning. A male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker was another treat today, a bird I usually see only a couple times each winter.

On the way home from work I got caught in a snowstorm and it took me two hours to get home, as opposed to the usual 30 minutes. Horrible driving conditions. Wonder how this will shake up the bird world tomorrow.

Daily List: 28 species (140% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 207 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites