Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just another day

So today I didn't have time for a morning walk, or for really much of anything. So here's how to achieve a minimum recommended daily allowance of birds without trying to hard:

1) Stop at Peace Valley Park for a few minutes on the way to work. Scope out the Canada Goose flock and gulls, picking up a couple Hooded Mergansers and Mallards along the way. Substitute for your own local lake or pond if available.

2) Keep eyes on feeder intermittently during the day. That can almost be good for 20 species in and of itself at my work. If you don't have a window at work, or feeders, think hard about getting a new office...or job!

3) Keep eyes peeled on commute to and from work. On my half hour into work, I got Red-tailed Hawk. On my way home, Eastern Bluebird.

4) Take your kids/grandkids/neighbor kids owling. Reprising our Owl Moon adventure last night, I took all three of my kids out to see the Eastern Screech-Owls tonight. We heard three and saw one at the first place we tried, and got another one to land right next to the car at an additional place on the way home.

Day List: 25 species (125% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 211 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites