Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 07, 2008

Busy Day

Lots to do today to get ready for my Arizona trip tomorrow. But between running errands, catching up on work at the office, a quick stop in at Peace Valley on the way to work, a couple quick looks in the fields and woods at work, I managed to exceed my Bird RDA.

However, there was another little goal I had in mind--I wanted to see 100 species the first week of the year. By the time I left work today I was at 99 species. So, my goal inspired a quick trip up to Lake Nockamixon after picking up my oldest daughter from school. Happily, I was able to easily find a first winter Iceland Gull at the marina and four Hooded Mergansers at the fishing pier to put me over the top.

This 100 birds a week is another interesting goal idea--it definitely got me out birding a few more times this week than I might otherwise have done. Would I drive myself crazy if I tried to do this every week? Not sure its sustainable at this point. The Bird RDA is probably pretty sane. A consistent 100 birds a week is probably not doable for me with everything else I'm doing right now.

Daily List: 33 species (165% of Bird RDA)
2008 List: 101 species

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites